1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup California dried apricot halves, chopped
1 cup natural chopped almonds
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Lightly butter large baking sheet.
2. In food processor, combine first five ingredients. Pulse to blend. Add butter and vanilla; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add eggs and pulse 3 times to blend. Add apricots and almonds; pulse until mixture is evenly moistened. Transfer mixture to large bowl; use hands to form into dough.
3. Divide dough in half. On lightly greased baking sheet, shape dough into two 12-inch logs. With hands, flatten each log to a width of 2 inches. Sprinkle each with remaining sugar.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove logs to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
5. With serrated knife, carefully cut logs on the diagonal into 1-inch slices. Place on baking sheet cut side up; return to oven and bake 7 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
Recipe from Gibson Farms.